Sweet Short crust Pastry.
This is Matt Moran’s recipe from a Master Chef class on last years Australian Masterchef, and is absolutely perfectly the same every time you make it. No developing needed here from the Master him-self.
It’s a keeper and takes two ticks to make!(Enough for two pie dishes)
375 g plain cake flour
50 g icing sugar
200 g chilled butter
- Add the flour, icing sugar and butter to the bowl of your food processor. Blitz until well mixed and resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and blitz three or four times until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface form the pastry into a ball and gently knead for a minute.
- Wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- May freeze up to 4 weeks.
Ideal to use as a base for a good old fashioned Milk Tart. (click here)